Bridal showers are a great way to celebrate an upcoming marriage.
Amy Sichmeller runs Everyday Epicurist, a popular food blog that showcases recipe ideas ranging from everyday meals to special occasions and celebrations.
She shared some photos with us for hosting an elegant bridal shower. Check out this beautiful bridal shower party!
1. Decorating Ideas
Bridal celebrations embody the spirit of joy, purity and elegance. Traditionally, white and other bright pastel colors work really well for bridal showers.
– This table setting is simple, but conveys the desired theme. The white plates are accompanied by grey napkin and decorative flowers.
– A simple chalkboard sign clearly conveys the bridal shower theme “cooking with love”.
– A printed menu is another nice touch that can make your guests feel like they are eating at a high end restaurant. The floral decorations on top of the menu work great for just about any bridal shower theme.
2. Desserts and Cakes
One of the most enjoyable parts of a bridal shower is the food. Desserts and cakes are common treats at such events, and with a little creativity, these desserts can be presented to match the surrounding elegance.
– These raspberry mini tartlets are the perfect bite sized bridal shower treat. Each tart is filled with cream and topped with a raspberry lightly dusted with confectionery sugar.
To enhance the presentation, simply add some green leaves. The printed card has a floral design and let’s your guests know what they are.
– For a fun activity, you can have your guests make these miniature lemon poppyseed lemon cakes with raspberry filling. These layered cakes are relatively easy to make and decorate – just pre-bake the mini layer cake and allow them to fill and decorate it.
And a closeup of the raspberry filling:
– A larger version of the cake was created for the main cake and decorated with flowers. It’s amazing how a few flowers can add elegance to a simple layered cake.
And here’s a close up of the cake:
For more food and recipe ideas for special occasions and more details about this party, be sure to check out Everyday Epicurist.